07 April 2013

Never Tell Us Apart

(Genesis 27:1-27)
parody of Never Tear Us Apart written by Andrew Farriss & Michael Hutchence and performed by INXS

Dad asked E-
Sau to hunt him food
"Old man," he told him,
"I'll get your blessing first"


I, I have smooth skin
He's got hair
Though dad's a blind man
Well he can always tell us apart

Ma said "Bring
Me two goats and shears
And if he curses you
I'll take blame, don't you fear"

She cooked stew
The way he likes
Covered me in skins
And dressed me up, Esau-style

I, want that blessing
He's not here
And Dad's a blind man
And he would never, ever tell us apart!

I, I have smooth skin
You've got hair
Though Dad's a blind man
Well he can always tell us apart

You were hunting
I was there
And Dad's a blind man
But he will never tell us apart
I, want that blessing...

parody lyrics © 2005 Glenn Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment