07 April 2013

Sweet Strong

(Judges 14:8-19)
parody of Your Song written by Bernie Taupin & Elton John and performed by Elton John

Here's a riddle, it's funny
Strong with sweet inside
And nobody knows
No, not even my bride
I just had some honey
But this they don't get
They'll buy some rich clothes which
To me they'll give


Think I am quite clever
Not one of them knows
Thirty men with no notion
Seven days still to go
I know I should trust
One night I tell my wife too
My riddle's quite safe now
Between us two

And you can't guess paradoxes, what is sweet strong?
To me it's quite simple, I once killed a lion
I later came by, I opened and found
Some bees buzzing like birds
The honey supplied was like the best in the world

They sat far, aloof
Felt tricked into loss
They're confused by my verses
And they got mad and cross
But then unseen my wife
Told them what's sweet strong
The Philistine guys knew that
Honey and lion

No excuses, you're cheating
I see this is true
You think I'm a moron
Philistines, I'm Hebrew
I can say, the gist is
Don't trust Philistines
They are the cheapest guys
I've ever seen

And you have guessed paradoxes, what is sweet strong
I thought ye all simple, but I have misjudged
I'll go and I'll find, some clothes all fur-lined
Cause I'll stand by my word
Your countrymen's life will now pay for your fraud

I'll go, don't you mind, and then you'll all find
I'm a man of my word
But your countrymen's life will now pay for your fraud

parody lyrics © 2002 Glenn Davies

No comments:

Post a Comment