08 April 2013

Feeder Of Men

(John 6:1-13)
parody of Leader Of Men written by Chad Kroeger & Nickelback and performed by Nickelback

Well my friend’s got this big old crowd
Who hear and follow
Listening until midday
Our stomachs are hollow
I am not a feeder of men
This I defer in sorrow
Do not think I could manage this
Think that we’ll have to borrow
Yeah, we’ll have to borrow


Months of wages not enough
To buy food for this throng
And if we disciples have to search
Well it might take us long
Can’t understand, all this place
No bit of food is gotten
Andrew, bless him, he found a kid
Whose food he’d not forgotten
Yeah, he’d not forgotten

Ooh
One boy brought his two fish
And five small loaves with butter
Jesus then did pray for the meal
They thought He was a nutter
But now the thing, please understand
We gave out so much supper
And so we ate lots of fish and bread
There seemed an endless supply of
Yeah, endless supply of

Ooh
Well my friends, now to feed a crowd
It’s who you follow
Miracles hard to explain
Five thousand ate five loaves, yeah
What was not yet eaten of bread
Picked up twelve baskets full-o
So I think I know what we’ll eat
Leftovers all tomorrow
Yeah, more for tomorrow

parody lyrics © 2002 Glenn Davies 

No comments:

Post a Comment