08 April 2013

Been Before (Comfort Zone)

The sun is shining down on me
As I walk on down the street
To a place I’ve been before

My shoes have seen much better days
But they keep me on my feet
In a place I’ve been before


My world cannot be shaken up
It is ordered, it is neat
It’s a place I’ve been before

And there is something in the way
That I talk to those I meet
From the place I’ve been before

I’m in my comfort zone, standing proud and tall
I’ve been here before, and I know it all

I look up to the open door
And I get up from my seat
In the place I’ve been before

I do not know the weather there
Maybe cold or maybe heat
It’s a place I’ve never been
It’s a place I’ve never been

I’ve got to step outside if I want to see
Each baby step is a leap of faith
So take a chance and step out
From my comfort zone
Take a chance and get out
Of my comfort zone

© Glenn Davies 2002 



Written 10 April 2002 (verse 3: 12 April 2002)

No comments:

Post a Comment